Friday, December 2, 2016

Christmas

Thinking back to a million years ago when I was a kid (I was born in the first half of the last century), Christians celebrated Christmas on December 25, and afterwards. Santa Claus came on Christmas Eve, and so did the decorated Christmas tree. With a brother and four sisters, that was no small feat!

It’s much different today.  ”In the U.S., the 'Christmas shopping season' starts as early as October.” https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economics_of_Christmas 

Even in my advanced years I remember the excitement of Santa bringing gifts. Seniors feel that excitement too when they see it in children. 

I’m not for doing away with Santa or gift-giving. Just call it “winter holiday”. 

My Christmas wish it that Christmas be given back to Christians who will celebrate it with the reverence that this holy day deserves. 





No comments:

Post a Comment